Principal Environmental Scientist / Engineer
- Great Company Culture
- Opportunity to design role to be either purely environmental consulting focused or include remediation design and contracting projects also.
- Opportunity to work with internal auditors and support and training provided for applicants looking to become an accredited auditor.
To be considered for this role the ideal candidate will have an environmental science/geology/soils/engineer qualification and you should have at least 10+ years’ experience in the contaminated sites sector, ideally in a consulting organisation.
You will be enthusiastic to undertake the following duties:
- Provide both project management and technical expertise for investigation/remediation project planning and implementation;
- Planning, implementing and reporting on Preliminary Site Investigations (PSI) and Detailed Site Investigations (DSI);
- Assessment and remediation of contaminated sites, report writing and field work on a variety of projects.
- Initiate and contribute to the preparation of project fee proposals and tenders;
- Soil, vapor and groundwater monitoring;
- Proposal and technical report writing;
- Inter and Intra-State travel;
- Data compilation and interpretation; and
- Equipment care & maintenance.
Skills and Experience
- Direct experience (10+ years) in contaminated land assessment and/or remediation;
- Have or working towards CEnvP (Site Contamination) in 1-2 years
- Capacity to work across range of land and groundwater projects in varied settings (urban renewal, infrastructure, government, defence, resources)
- Proven experience in report writing is essential;
- A working knowledge of NEPM 2013, Waste Regulations, and have had exposure to Asbestos & hazardous materials assessments
- Strong technical background and be passionate about training junior staff;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Safety focused; and
- Have an Australia manual Driver’s license
- Team first attitude
- Open communicator
- Enthusiastic to undertake all of the duties included in the position summary
- A knack for process efficiency and creative solutions;
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise duties;
- Highly organised;
- Can work with autonomy;
- Demonstrates effective time management; and
- Friendly and professional.